Key West >
Hotels >Pelican Landing of Key West
Don't stay here. The night manager is a
horribly rude woman and she ruined our trip. My group (20 people) spent close to $3,000.00 for two rooms on a weekend stay. The night manager called the police on our entire group and attempted to have the whole group evicted at 5 am, due to 3 girls smoking on the balcony. Apparently, the building's "rule" is nobody on the baloney's after 11pm...which we were not told!
I would like to know who goes to Key West and goes to bed at or before 11pm?? Anyway... I was woken up by 4 police officer's banging down the door yelling pack all your stuff, the building manger wants everyone off the property or we are going to arrest you. So, I'm like "what are you talking about??" I had just woke up...Then the night manger chimes in and says
" All I have to say is that I don't like the color of your shorts and I can have you evicted if I want to due to the laws in key west."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing and what was happening.??Oh, by the way...I am not a smoker and nor was I apart of anything that she considered breaking the hotels "rules".
So, this went on for aprox. 20 min. talking to the cops and trying to talk this angry night manager down. Finally a couple of use were able to talk some sense into this woman and we were able to stay the additional night we had paid for. No law's were broken, no body had done anything wrong in the eyes of the law..The 3 girls were smoking on the balcony before going to bed. Oh and by the way...those 3 girls were in bed when the police came to their door. So this woman was just being malicious in her actions.
DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE IN A BIG GROUP..JUST NOT WORTH IT!!
Not very friendly,don't let the ad for marina slips fool you. After paying for a 3 night stay in a 1bdrm., for $150 a night plus a $25 booking fee, and notifying them we would bring our 5 lbs Yorkie/Poo and a 14 ft dinghy. We were promptly called and told we had to pay and additional $75.00 to bring our dog!!! Nowhere did it say there was a charge, then we were informed that we had to rent a $250 a night suite in order to use their dock to tie up our boat. I explained to the lady that it was a small dingy and not a massive boat of any size, but I was met with silence and that I would upgrade to a suite and tie it at their marina/dock. I explained to her that the website did not state ANY of this. She didn't care. Not the usual friendliness of the Keys that we have typically ran into, especially among boaters!! We only took the room because of the marina and since we booked it last minute, we had no time to locate anything else before driving down from Ft. Lauderdale, FL for the weekend trip. Upon arrival to the room, we discovered not so much as a coffee pot in the room. Very sparse, no information as to location of ice machine, etc., etc. Just not very well ran and on top of all this, the marina is basically EMPTY!! It had 1 dive boat and 2 other small boats out there!! NO customer service at his place and surely not a hot cup of coffee in the mornings!!
Property under new management. This property is now Managed by a new Company, and is working to make it a true resort. While we are sorry for your past experieces, we would love to show you what we can do for you now. Let us know how to Help!
Beware of Property Management Practices.
My family and 1other family stayed at Pelican Landing from June 20th through June 28th. We booked our stay last year and looked very forward to a wonderful stay in the 2 beadroom retreats. 3 weeks prior to our stay we received an email from property management advising that the condo was under minor construction on the other side of the building. We were advised that they were only replacing some sliding glass doors and railings. We were assurred that the construction was non invasive and would not interfere with our stay nor would it be in the area of our rooms.
1. On day one, we all woke up at 8AM Saturday morning to very loud jack hammering - this continued early every morning until Thursday - when we complained we were told there was nothing they could do and that legally they could begin this work at this hour
2. When I asked at the front office why we were not advised about this type of load construction activity we were told by the office worker that she did not communicate with renters about this - we would have to call the lady on the after hours sign.
3. When we finally had had enough and called this person I was advised that she had been addressing this since last October was tired of talking with renters!! Her exact words to me were "what, you want me to rent this place to you for a dollar"? All she kept saying was how much the units would rent for when the construction was done. I advised her that under the current condition she would be lucky to get 50$ a night. Much less than the $188 per night we were currently paying after the inconvienience discount. - They finally gave us the full 100$ a night discount - which is the same discount they were offering online.
4. The final straw was Wednesday when we woke to them grinding on the stairs that was our only access to the pool - electrical cords were laying accross the shallow end of the pool and laying in about an inch of water the contruction crew created from rinsing the stairs. When we approached propertly management about some type of alternative or compensation for all of this I was asked who was going to pay for the electricity and the clean up from my Kids........very un professional. She also advised me that the rest of our vacation was going to be spoiled if I continued to make comments about OSHA violations....and the pool was closed down......
5. we were not even given the full construction discount being offerred until after I spoke to PM on Wednesday regarding the safety issues by the pool. You had no ability to enjoy the condo ammenities due to the dust, noise and construction everywhere. it was just a place to sleep....
6. We were notified only 3 weeks before our stay which gave us no ability to cancel or make other arrangements. In addition, we were told in advance that if it was bothersome they would move us. When I requested this, we were told that they would move us but they could not accomodate our boats which would have to stay at the condo unattended. Did I forget to mention they were letting the contruction workers live in the condos they were renivating????
Last year before the contruction started it was a great place. Beware of the property management here as they are not professional. they lied in order to keep the place rented while under major construction and did not properly manage the construction crews in order to look out for the comfort and safety of their guests at all. To be fair, it rained nearly every day which also added fuel to the fire. However, I do not care where you go for vacation. Part of the enjoyment of your vacation is the comfort of your accomodations and the enjoyment of a quiet retreat.
None of which was a concern for this property management team.
This management team puposely did not notify us until 3 weeks prior and used the excuse that they thought things would be done as an excuse. .
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!